Thursday, October 6, 2011

::31 days::day six::


Day six already!  Hopefully, I can stick with the challenge.  I've got a busy weekend ahead of me.

I have the most interesting family.  My Mom was raised pure Southern.  My Dad is a full-blooded German.  Therefore, I have eaten a wide range of foods, from grits and hominy to wuest [pronounced voosht] and rye bread.  And I love it all!

Over the years of my parents' marriage, my Mom has learned to make the delicious German food that my Dad loves.  Now, it is time for the third generation, my cousins and I, to learn to make this food ourselves.

Actually, I've helped Mom make buterglace before but have never made them myself, start to finish.

I volunteered today to make buterglace [butter balls] as we will be eating a lot of them now that we are into the fall season and the holidays are just around the corner!

They are quite simple to make and delicious to add to noodle soup.


 ::this is what makes buterglace so delicious::butter, cream, and eggs::

::this was my Oma's advice to me when I told her I was about to make buterglace -- roll them tight [roll sie fest] so they don't fall apart in the soup::



So easy.  Quite delicious.  Very bad for your heart and your diet.  :)


REBECCA.

No comments: