Friday, September 14, 2012

::the story::2::



Fast forward to 2010 when our friends, Adam and Carol, knew the Lord had called them to Zambia.  They filled in for one year for the current missionaries to come back on furlough.  Adam and Carol arrived back in the States last September, 2011.

I started to hear more about Africa [Zambia] and it didn't sound so bad after all.  No, there are not snakes around every corner waiting to bite you.  No, you may not get sick the minute you enter the country; you actually can remain healthy.  No, it's not hot + dusty + sticky + nasty, all the time.  Actually, the weather can be quite nice.  Yes, the church and the people in it are wonderful people.  Yes, life is an adventure.  Yes, it's a wonderful life to serve the Lord wherever He has you.

The Lord slowly began working on my heart.

I had heard that Leon was planning to come visit for Preaching Conference in April.  So, I began praying in October for some very specific things.  I needed specific answers to prayer.

I can truly say from the time I met Leon in April until now, God has done this:

I will go before thee, and make the crooked places straight:  I will break in pieces the gates of brass, and cut in sunder the bars of iron:  And I will give thee the treasures of darkness, and hidden riches of secret places, that thou mayest know that I, the LORD, which call thee by thy name, am the God of Israel.  Isaiah 45:2-3


 Photobucket

No comments: