Monday, November 28, 2011

::Christmas lovely::


This Christmas, I was so determined to get a mini [real] Christmas tree for my bedroom.  It sounded completely plausible to me.  However, when the Christmas-tree-getting day finally rolled around, I wimped out.  I didn't want to deal with the mess and the extra expense and I really don't want an artificial tree.

So this is the next best thing!  My Mom gathered up the extra boughs from the Christmas tree when my parents cut it down last Friday.  Today, I found some cute berry stems at Michael's for 50% off!!  




As I travel, I've been collecting ornaments from different places.  I only have three here as the others are packed away in storage.  

This little arrangement is my festive, lovely Christmas decoration for my bedroom.  Something lovely becomes ugly when we spend money we don't have to impress others. Someday, I will have my own place and my own Christmas tree.  Until then, I will wait and rejoice in simplicity.  :)















Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally doing this... I absolutely love it...
Just enough fa la la la to spruce up a room.
Smart cookie!
T

ERICA said...

It's adorable! Great idea! :)

Kali said...

So simple, yet so elegant! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

"Until then, I will wait and rejoice in simplicity" - love it and a great reminder for me!

Stephanie said...

I love it! SO beautiful! I'm learning just how beautiful simplicity really is!

Aimee said...

I have those berry stems! Love them!! Your tree is adorable, and I'm sure it makes your room smell festive too. :)