Wednesday, June 1, 2011

::day trip::

The amazing thing about being an after school sitter [or nanny, term I prefer] is that you can still squeeze in some pretty amazing road trips. I was up at the crack of dawn this morning to go to my first ever fabric show.

It wasn't what I was expecting.  But I didn't know what to expect seeing I had never been to a fabric show before.  Awesome.

I  made some great headway diving straight into the wonderful world of buying fabrics at wholesale prices.  I think some of the representatives didn't know what to do with me.

I'm so thankful for my awesome Grenadian friends who were my support, encouragement, and cheerleaders.  Luckily, I met a distributor who distributes for some of my favorite designers.  Sweeeeet.

We were in and out of the fabric show like a flash because I didn't have appointments.  Naturally.  Seeing I'd never been to a fabric show before.

But my friends and I had fun.

::saw horses and buggies at a gas station::hilarious to them, What? Buggies need gas?

 ::visited the cheese factory::

::chatted with a sweet Amish lady::

And ate lots of yummy food!

The day is not over with my friends.  We are hitting up the outlet mall after work tonight.  Hooray!

Stay on the lookout for changes to the shop!  Exciting times are ahead.  I just know it!

Oh, did you see this cutie that popped into the shop yesterday?



Happy beautiful Wednesday!
Rebecca

2 comments:

Erika @ rouge + whimsy said...

oh my gosh! where do you live? I have never seen or met someone who is Amish!

ok. well there was that one time on a bus in Chicago....but still.

hope you found some great stuff!

<3 erika @ rougeandwhimsy.blogspot.com

Maggie said...

Looks/sounds like you had a great time!!! I *love* spending time with friends :)

Love the pillow!!