Wednesday, March 7, 2012

::the best breakfast blend smoothie::


I found a recipe years ago [I guess] and I'm sorry I cannot remember the source.  It's been scribbled on a piece of purple paper and stuffed in my paper drawer.  I finally resurrected it at the end of 2011.  Greatest decision ever.

This is the best smoothie recipe known to mankind especially if you want to kick a cold or overall feeling of yuck and crum.

Trust me, I don't think I've ever eaten kale but it's in the smoothie.  Yes, the final product will look greenish but you just have got to take the plunge and take a sip.  And you will understand that I would never tell you to make a disgusting-tasting smoothie.  EverNever.  

The details:

1 banana
1/2 cup frozen [or non-frozen] peaches
1 apple, peeled and cored
1 cup spinach
1 cup kale
1/2 cup yogurt [I use vanilla]
1 cup cranberry juice
1 spoonful of orange juice concentrate

Put all this in the blender and blend very well. 

It's delicious straight out of the blender but it's even better if you put it in the fridge to chill a bit.

I never eat this many fruits in one day so this is an excellent blend to combat that.

I'd love to hear if you try it and what you think of it!!


Photobucket

6 comments:

Bethany said...

YUM! And kale is SO good for you…but it's hard to just eat by itself…great way to use it! Thanks for sharing

Maggie said...

Ooo! I will have to try this, sounds good!!

Natalie @ NS Pottery said...

Doesn't sound so bad :) I might have to try adding greens to a smoothie sometime!

Beth Ann said...

Sounds awesome! I had a strawberry/banana/peanut butter smoothie with plain yogurt this morning. Looking forward to trying new fruits and flavors!

Gail said...

Looks and sounds delicious! What amazes me is how you really can't taste the green ingredients in these kinds of smoothies; at least I can't.

Kali said...

I love smoothies! Def want to try this!