Wednesday, February 12, 2014

pudding




When I first arrived on the farm in all my newly-wedded excitement, I began to make "pudding" (in American terms "dessert") every night.  I remember early on catching my brother-in-law throwing my husband a look when I mentioned pudding yet again.  The look was , "Really? What is this?  You can't be serious!"  So I began to question, "Don't you all have pudding every night?"  No.  "Oh really?  I thought you did!"  And so it ended almost as quickly as it began.  Now, I make pudding on the weekends (sometimes) and almost always when we host and any other time I or my husband gets a sweet tooth.

The past few nights, we have had pudding two nights in a row.  I saw a recipe on Pinterest for brownies and decided to make them Monday.  However, my sister-in-law was making cake for her husband and decided to send some over.  The brownies were finally made Tuesday.  

These brownies have 1) gotten me out of bed this morning 2) helped me through a mere two hours of homeschooling today.  It's been an epic, unsurpassed week in homeschooling and I'm ready for it to be over already.  Also, breakfast is my least favorite meal.  As I was lying there in bed thinking "what can I make for breakfast" I remembered....brownies!  

I've always struggled with brownies.  They are either too dry or too moist.  But these turned out beautifully.  I wouldn't say they're "too die for" or "over-the-top delicious" but they're definitely a keeper.

1 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup cocoa
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
4 teaspoons vanilla
4 eggs

Mix butter and cocoa.  Add flour + sugar.  Add vanilla and eggs but don't over mix.  Spread into a greased and floured 9x13 pan. Bake for 20-25 min.

ps...I courteously ask you not to pin from here.  Please pin from the website below.  :)  Thank you.

Recipe from here >> http://www.saltboxhousecreations.com/2008/12/have-brownie.html

No comments: