Tuesday, September 13, 2011

::sewing room prettiness::


Earlier this year, I read two different posts from two different bloggers about using mason jars or clear glass jars for organizing.  They were such delightful posts to read and gave me an idea.

We buy [the majority of] our pasta and sauce from a sweet little Italian grocery store/deli near my dad's work.  He stops by on occasion and stocks us up on yummy goodness.

So after reading those posts, I started collecting the clear pasta sauce jars.  I just soak the jars in water for about 24 hours and the label and sticky glue comes off so easily. I must admit, I tried clear glass jars from major food producers and the labels were very, very difficult to remove.  I think this Italian deli is still small enough that they conserve their glue...ha!

I have really enjoyed using the jars to organize my thread by color.  Right now, the jars are sitting atop my fabric cabinet.  But soon, they will have to find a home inside the fabric cabinet because the jars are starting to become quite the collection.


My pincushion.  Ah! It has taken me a while to get accustomed to this pincushion.  I used my Mom's pins and pincushion for the longest time but once she bought her machine and started sewing, I figured I'd better start using mine.  :)  I've become quite adept at sticking those loooooooong pins into that stiff little sucker.  Hello, yellow, my happy color!


Books.  Books.  Books.  I love sewing books.  I've been steering clear of B&N for a purpose lately.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY.
REBECCA.

3 comments:

Alyssa H said...

I love your photography!

Dear Abbi said...

Aww, I love your sewing pretties!! And the new bag with the flower is adorable!! Great job!!

Farmchick said...

I love mason jars for everything...your jars look cute too. :) Just out bloghopping...came over from Farming on Faith. Hope you can stop in for a visit and say hi too. :)