Friday, August 3, 2018

|| farmer's wife life ||


Moving to the farm five years ago was a steep learning curve. Luckily! I knew this was God's plan for my life. 

Right away, I jumped into homeschooling my two nieces. That little venture ended when Jules was born. Since Jules' birth, I've enjoyed just being on the farm as a mom and wife and finding my feet as a "farmer's wife". 

This year, I've done really well (compared to the previous four years) of keeping up with the farm's accounts, and this is something I immensely enjoy. I'm trying to get Leon to let me be more involved in the farm, but he's a bit reluctant because he knows I have a lot on my plate (but I love it that way!). 

Every little bit I learn about the cows and their management is food for my soul. It is so interesting and gives me and Leon things to talk about and mull over. He didn't go to agricultural school so farming has been an uphill battle. He's doing a superb job, too. 

One of the things I've learned is that if a cow is sitting down, it's happy. It's fed and watered and it's comfortable. We like to call this cow comfort. I took this picture on the day we had the big fires on the back of the farm. I did some Instastories that day about the fires and it's affect.

Leon has worked so hard at improving the amount of pastures that we have for the cows to graze. It's rewarding to walk past the cows at 2 in the afternoon and see a large portion of them sitting. We've got a lot of happy cows around this place!

In just a few short weeks, Leon and I join other dairy farmers and off we go on a dairy tour in the States! We are so excited to learn things to improve our dairy farm.

Never thought I'd be a farmer's wife ten years ago, but sure glad I am! :)

No comments: