Tuesday, December 11, 2012

::the story 3::

SO. 


We met for the first time on Sunday morning before Sunday school. I don't think either of us would say it was "love at first sight"....although he was WAY more handsome than the picture I'd seen.  ;)

Leon came up for dinner that Sunday night after church, along with Carol + baby Hazel, [Adam was on deputation], James, and Brenda [Zambian students here at the college].  Annnnnnd, he didn't show any interest in me.  At all.  He was polite but stand-offish.  We laugh about it now.

There were absolutely no hints, at first, that he was even remotely interested.  "He was here to go to the Conference."  <----- that's what he would've said if you would've asked him

Our first time together [was it a date?!] was with the missionaries who first started the church where he currently attends.  It was great fun to be with them and hear so many stories.  The Gordon's are great people!

Our first "official" date was Friday of that week.  We went with my pastor and his wife and Adam + Carol to Chicago.  Ruth Chris' for lunch.  Sears Tower.  Grand Luxe for dessert.  The whole bit.  It was fantastic.  We laughed a lot and had an absolutely wonderful time together.

From that first Friday, I have felt so completely comfortable with Leon....never a lack for conversation...can't even really count that many awkward moments.

We spent a little time here and there over the weekend.  Monday, we went to the dairy farm. [this post]

Our last date together was on Wednesday, the day before he left.  It was a fantastic day in every way.

Thursday, he left for London to meet up with his mom.

Then, a 13-week separation.
Then, a trip in August. [posts here]
Then, a 15-week separation.
Now, a 2-week trip.

I really have no words for how God has orchestrated this relationship.  Last night at dinner, my brother said, "God must have something amazing in store because this relationship is unlikely."  I mean...come on!  Africa + America doesn't typically happen.

I love Leon so much.  He brings out the best in me.  The hard times of being separated have taught me sooooo soooo many valuable lessons.  I can't thank the Lord enough for the hard times.

The hard times are about to be over in 14 hours when I land in Lusaka.  Praise-allujah.

*blogging from London -- waiting to catch my last flight.

 Photobucket

1 comment:

Dear Abbi said...

Aww, sweet! My sister and her husband are America + Africa, so it's not unlikely as you might think. :) So happy for you!!