Sunday, September 17, 2017

|| unexpected ||


One week ago tonight, we found out the Leon's uncle unexpectedly passed away from a heart attack.  And he wasn't saved.  The memorial service on Friday was quite large and poignant.  He was a well-loved man and leaves a big hole in his community.  

I've always known it was special that all of my family members had accepted the Lord as their Saviour.  I knew it was special; I'd never deny that.  But it has become a more truer reality once Uncle Mike died.  I think I've cried more over his passing than any other family member's.  The reality of where he is now is so heavy.  I know it was his choice to reject the Lord.  But oh.  How painful.  

It's made my salvation sweeter.  It's made my family's salvation sweeter.  And I fall to sleep at night begging God for the souls of my children, my nephews, and family friends here in Zambia who have yet to make this decision for Christ.

Hug your older family members just a little tighter next time you see them.  And pray.  Pray for those you know who are unsaved.  We sang "So Little Time"in Sunday school this morning (which reduced me to tears).  But as we were singing I thought, you know...if someone rejects the Gospel, there's nothing we can do about that.  But I guarantee, I'll never stand before the Lord and say I prayed hard enough and long enough for their soul.  That is the one thing I can do.  I can pray and beg God for their soul.  And that's what I'm going to do.  As sad as this past week has been, it's put a fresh determination and a brighter vision for my prayer life.  

No comments: